September 1, 2012

Continued

Dreams
August 29th

A beach at sunset -- I drove there hoping to catch the crowd and people-watch for a while, but the sun had just sunk behind the mountains -- the sky a dusty grey tinged with the lingering orange of waning sunlight -- 

The people have all gone, getting into their cars -- I parked mine and got out, walking slowly through the sand, the damp ground underneath the waves -- Matthew is here -- Matthew!  I haven't seen you in so long! -- He knew I would be here -- He won't tell me how, but he knew -- 

He brought chips and guacamole to munch on, some of the best guacamole I've had, in a bowl that looks like one of mine -- "You made it," he says -- "A couple days ago, from the party." -- I have no recollection --

We hang out in the shallow waters as the sky turns dark, talking and laughing and sharing the snack -- 

No comments:

Post a Comment