August 22, 2012

More Unsolved Mysteries of the Mind

Dreams
August 20th

I'm standing here talking to her and she's trying to talk me into cutting my hair off, really really short --

I tell her NO, I'm trying to grow it, but as she describes the cut I am more and more lured in to the idea of chopping it all off --

Stop being so impressionable --

I don't know who she is, but I'm supposed to know -- Some blonde lady in a pastel-colored cardigan -- 

I think of the maintenance on a short cut and I shiver, then resist the temptation --


[...]


A food cart, or maybe it's in a building, just very small, a literal hole in the wall on the side of a building -- french fries and fried fish -- They're disorganized and scrambling for tickets -- Did they lose Cale's order? -- The girl with the blue hair looks very stressed out -- This place is dingy -- Are we in New York City?


[...]


We can't find the captain of the ship -- Something is about to happen, something really important, and she is nowhere to be found --

My partner and I leave the ship, run down the ramps and onto the dock scrambling, searching, combing the dewy early morning streets -- She's huddled, crouched, wrapped in a large navy blue coat, or maybe it's a blanket, and her long grey hair that was once regal is now scraggly and unkempt -- Her eyes are wide and anxious, unknowing, unfamiliar and in another place -- sadness and confusion overwhelms me -- How could it have come to this?  How did everything decline so quickly? 

We try to help her back through the streets but she resists, resists, fights -- A chase ensues and my confusion must be set aside for the long pursuit --

No comments:

Post a Comment