August 22, 2012

A Quiet Panic: More Dreams

Dreams
August 8th

There is an electrical fire -- It started on the desk in the classroom, at the main plug for the computer screen -- My life's drawings are stacked in a large pile leaning against the desk -- Someone calmly says "fire" and I immediately hear the sirens in the distance -- Oh good, I thought, It won't be long -- But it was -- 

The fire grew, enveloping all the cords and swallowing the computer, inching silently towards my drawings -- Is nobody worried? -- It takes several minutes for anyone to catch on, to realize the danger -- Slow panic eats away at the room, from our feet, from the ground -- The sirens go silent and the fire fighters do not show -- How can they not show? -- I go back into the room to save my drawings -- I cannot assume the fire will be put out -- fear and anxiety -- I move most of my drawings in  a few large stacks, but I'm forced to sacrifice others -- Widespread panic has fully set in, the fire spreads -- people running around yelling, screaming -- the fire fighters never show -- How can they not show?

No comments:

Post a Comment