July 28, 2012

Fabric: Part Two

I didn't get any offers on the Xanax, but that's okay -- I sufficiently kicked the crap out Fabric Depot today, sans anxiety.

It helps to have an idea what you're looking for.  I knew that the poppy + diamondy patterned thing was going to be the start, and it blossomed from there.

And, it helped a lot getting a pep talk from my Momma beforehand.

I pursued only the kitchen stuff today, as more research is still required to figure out what needs to happen with the living room window.  I want it to be spectacular but not flashy.  Fresh and crispy but not stuffy.  I don't know precisely what that entails, thus I must Pinterest this monster.


The far left will be the table cloth at my coffee station, with possibly the more open dots as a secondary, smaller cloth over it.  I'm thinking the pattern might be a little too much and the dots break it up nicely.  The other three are to pull in the colors elsewhere.  I have a few tricks in mind.  Overall, I'm very pleased -- that I found stuff I genuinely like, but mostly that I didn't lose my shit at the Depot.  

After that I found myself a tasty little salad at a gluten free bakery and cafe called Tula.  I don't bother much with gluten or no gluten, or organic or inorganic, or whatever else, but I've passed by the front of this cafe a million times and it's so cute I had to stop in.  

spring mix
radish
tomato
fresh dill sprigs
fresh cilantro
carrot
some sort of unglutenized toasty bread thing
rosemary balsamic

NOM.


I came home and showed the fabric to my Boy, a little bit hesitant because you never know if people will share the excitement and delight of your creative endeavors.  I am very lucky that I received nothing but GUSHING, RAVE REVIEWS about how BEAUTIFUL these choices are, and how FUN and HAPPY they make him feel.  

That's a WIN in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment