July 24, 2012

Fabric Frenzy

You know how you're never supposed to go to the grocery store hungry?

Well, you're never supposed to go to the fabric store when you're starving creatively, either.  Especially not Fabric Depot on 122nd.

And especially not when you have a beautiful clean slate of an apartment just waiting for you to get your hands on it.  An apartment that, I will note, no fabric won't look fantastic in.  Wood floors + butter yellow walls + black accents + lots of light = uh, that sucks.  Everything looks good.

I called my mom after I took a nice long swim through the aisles.  I didn't tell her at the time, though I'm sure she sensed it, but I was panicking a little.  I don't do well with lots of choices.  You know, that "making decisions" thing.  It's tough for some people, okay?

Oh, and as a Cancer who is both supremely skeptical and falls in love with things easily, being at Fabric Depot while they are having a 25% off EVERYTHING sale is a special kind of horribly difficult.  I almost melted down.

Runners up:

Kitchen?
Poppy + dusty grey-purple + butter yellow

Curtains in the living room?
From far away it looks like tweed.
Pretty charming.

If you've never fallen in love with something inanimate, I recommend doing it with the home decorating fabrics that are on big rolls in the back.  Rows and rows of fabrics on rolls, all beautiful and lush and expensive, towering from the floor to above your head.  And every time you turn a corner, there are more!  Towers of rich, luscious fabrics!  I tried to nab a free sample of all of them, but many of them were out.


<3 Grey <3

Mustardy thing + brown

<3 <3 Purple <3 <3

Grey details

Bloo

<3 all of these together <3

Dotz

Whoops blurry, but because they're so 
tiiiiiny... Is this not the sweetest thing?!

I think I was there for like five hours.  I was so spent when I got home I fell promptly into bed and then asleep.  Will popped in about two hours after I'd racked out to put some laundry on the bed, and I awoke, startled, and said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know I'd fallen asleep..."

He laughed harder than I've heard him laugh in a while.  He thinks I'm especially funny when I'm sleeping.  Apparently I have a lot to say, and my penchant for being unexpectedly and brutally honest has become a household joke.

I make up for it by letting him buy me wine and cheese, and then when I get happy I tell good stories and do really good impressions.  He thinks I should be on a stage.  I think he should be on a stage.

We're a bunch of goofies.

Anyway, I'm avoiding that I will have to go back to Fabric Depot to, like, buy fabric, because I couldn't make a decision yesterday.

Anybody have any Xanax?



2 comments:

  1. I love fabric depot, but it seriously gives me an anxiety attack. SO MUCH FABRIC. I don't feel like I can ever go through it methodically which just stresses me out. BUT, the prices are so awesome!

    ps: mustard anything on fabric = <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with these fabrics, and must stay far far away from that store!!!

    ReplyDelete