June 29, 2012

Notes of Cedar

June 16, 2012

Of late --
getting reacquainted with my books and pretty things I forgot I owned
getting to know Will's books
feeling enchanted by the newness
learning the tricky, creaky spots on the wood floors

Beautiful things await you.
-Panda Express


June 29, 2012

Radical Face Ghost - Welcome Home
Fell in love with this song, just now, not knowing what the title was.
How apt!

Drove out to Wal-Mart on 82nd to pick up some things.  Drove past all my old places, shops, restaurants I'd frequent and it made me feel sad.  Feel lots of things at once... again.  Feel a wash of memories and thoughts.  It's weird how we can have many memories at once.
They come in floods.

We never think that the first or second time 
we go somewhere or do something, 
it may be the last.

I dropped off keys and my forwarding address.  Kept myself from crying.  Very tricky, at that moment.



Will used to smudge with sage (smudge sage? I don't know the proper usage) in our old apartment.  He did it almost every night.  He did it once here in the new place and then switched to cedar.

If you've never smelled, cedar is the most wonderful, calming, soothing smell I've ever filled my nose with.  It makes me feel like I've been alive for a thousand years, some kind of ancient wisdom, an old historic sense.  Seriously.

Get some cedar.

No comments:

Post a Comment