October 30, 2011

Roasting 101?

First off, I don’t often buy magazines.   I like to read the fronts while standing in line, but rarely do I nab one.  However, because this one leapt off the shelf and refused to go on living without coming home with me, I simply could not say No.  You can almost always get me to do something by either  a) bribing with promises of food and beverage, or  b) threats of suicide.  So I ended up buying the darned thing and it’s turning out to be one of the best mags I’ve ever purchased.  Who knew things could be so simple?!

I can’t vouch for other issues, but this one is chock FULL of fantastic ideas and recipes.  And my favorite part?
Revolutionizing Dinner (One Table at a Time)
Seriously.  Seriously this is one of the most useful articles I’ve ever read.  They have four (ish) families all with different setbacks to cooking more regularly and healthily (BTW, “healthful”  is a word we invented to sound more scholarly in health and nutrition articles.  The words “healthy” and “healthily” have since been replaced with suspiciously similar terms “healthful” and “healthfully” which have proliferated to such a degree that the red squiggly line no longer shows up underneath them in my draft. Nice going, ENGLISH) and they send their “team” in or whatever and give them cooking and organizational tips and lots of cool stuff.  This article, I am realizing now at this moment, might have changed my life.  It’s gotten me so pumped to cook more and be active about it, hence the stupidly easy dinner I made tonight with virtually nothing in my fridge:
Rosemary chicken legs and thighs with carrots (BOO-YAH, MARTHA)



This chicken turned out *SO* DELICIOUS, and I’m not just saying that because I made it and I’m the only one here.  I’m pretty hard on myself when it comes to cooking.  But this?  Easy peasy, man.
Mix in a bowl:
Olive oil
Minced garlic or fresh cloves, chopped
Salt & pepper
Ground rosemary
Toss carrots and chicken pieces in mixture, put on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
BAM.  DONE.  STUPID EASY.



No comments:

Post a Comment