October 30, 2011

The Orange Reconciliation


Okay.  Orange is not my favorite color.  I do not daydream about painting an entire wall a juicy citrus, nor do I respond to the big O in public decorated places.  But when I see things like this


and this


I immediately start salivating.  How beautiful are these spaces??  They’re so contemporary, urban but comfortable.  I think I could easily incorporate orange into my little home, but then I’m not sure.  Will I tire of it?  Will it eventually make me want to puke?  Because even though I love these rooms and the way they use the color, I still am not a fan of the color itself.
Sadly, I’m not allowed to paint in my place, but I pondered a a pillow, throw, or lampshade.  I’ll hold off for now and pursue hues I more passionately fancy, but it’s like a little worm creeping into my thoughts every so often . . . My friend KG would call it a “Brain Ninja.”

No comments:

Post a Comment