June 24, 2011

Funny how just today as I examined my face in the mirror, smudged with the dampness of a hard and stressful day, I thought how nice the name Wallace is and how I rarely come across it in print (which really isn't saying a whole lot -- I'm not much of a reader) and then, out of nowhere, I happened to be reading a nice book called "Beyond Wealth: The Road Map to a Rich Life" and BAM there it is: a reference to Wallace Stevens.  The emerging of information is never evenly distributed, like how birthdays aren't either, so I don't know why I ever expect it will be.

Speaking of Wallace Stevens, he says so succinctly something I have always felt about a good meander --

"In my room, the world is beyond my understanding.  But when I walk, I see that it consists of three or four hills and a cloud."
           from Of the Surface of Things


Other Things Of note:
Ugly NY has gone out of business, and this makes me sad
slog: to walk or plod heavily; long laborious work; to toil
www.manbabies.com <------- Go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment