May 13, 2011

Colonoscopies & Txt Spk

May 10, 2011

My step-dad (whom we have lovingly dubbed “Fahzja” and who just started his very own blog, viewable at www.jimyoungtheguiltyone.blogspot.com) went in for what I hear is a long overdue colonoscopy.  I am no stranger to the event – not from my own experience, but because I work with mostly older folks.  I know all about the no-eating rules, the laxatives, the prep, the discomfort . . . However, I did not know about Pops’ said Nether Adventures until receiving a text message from my mom this morning:

Fahzja has a camera up his butt . . . i m sipping a latte . . . Ahhh.  Life is good.

Now, I must note that my mom has just recently discovered text messaging.  (A little bit of peer pressure goes a long way.)  I was confused, one day getting a text from “Mom Cell.”  What?  Mom doesn’t text.

hey pea ! Lookit wut yer po ol yo can do . im skurd ha

Much to my bewilderment, I replied “What! I’m so corn-fused!”

i know iz wackt !

Since then, I’ve received messages every few days or so, like

I just lrnd 2 use an I pad! 4 wrk. Very skery cuz I took 2 it like duk 2 water.

She takes “text speak” to a whole new level.  Those fast nimble-fingered ‘tweens ain’t got nothin’ on my Ma.  And it is a little skery, because my mom has historically found it difficult learning to use new gadgets.  So this is, like, really really cool and really really fun.

U r gelus. Don’t deny it

That I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment