April 2, 2011

More Butter, Less Paper Sack

I think I've done it.

I think I've really done it.

I have found the most perfect pair of jeans.

I know you think they do not exist, especially for women who have rather serious derrieres (like myself).  Most jeans?  Cool, they fit my foot.  And maybe my leg.  And that's it. 

Most jeans: deficient for those with anything in the trunk.

It also seems there is a direct correlation between the severity in problems with ill-fitting jeans and the quality of the jean.  Low-end department store denim: Okay, I can fudge it.  Maybe.  I'll just wear tops that come down a little lower than normal.  Don't mind the muumuu, I'm just shielding my muffin. 

But Target or Wal-Mart denim?  Forget it.  No way no how.  I might as well wear a potato sack (which I have threatened on multiple occasions, particularly when hauling ten pairs of jeans back to the fitting room clerk, discouraged and annoyed). 

I'm just not willing to spend more than thirty dollars on a pair of jeans.  Or on any clothing, really.  I am a woman on a budget.  I do not have $180 to spend on pants.

So whenever I'm in Buffalo (which I call Beefalo) I duck in and try on every eligible pair of jeans I can carry.  Most times: no luck.  Most times: super bonchy, too tight here, too loose all over, unattractively "boyfriendy," weird size, weird color, weird pull, butt spilling out, handles spilling out, any number of other things spilling out, too short, too long, too ugly, too whatever whatever whatever

But the other day...

It's probably because I wasn't looking for jeans.  I was looking for something else, an item which now escapes me.  But it was the Tao.  I am sure of it.

Boo-yah:

Citizens of Humanity
Light-Dark wash
High Rise Bootcut
Amber #263
Stretch

The best part?  They feel like effing butter.

That's how you know the fit is good.  And if you genuinely contemplate wearing them as jammies?  Even better.

"Any of those work for you?"

I handed the fitting room attendant a fat pile of denim, and held the Ones out away from my body.

"These are the winner.  They feel like butter."

She laughed heartily.  "Like buttah...!"

I wore them today.  I felt like a million bucks, and only cost me $27. 

2 comments:

  1. it is for this very reason that i propose the inventor of "jeggings" be nominated for a nobel prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lia, I wish I could wear Jeggings... i just feel like WHA-BAM there it is... lots o' booty. :( But I see the appeal for others.

    I feel your pain my dear, dear friend Paigey. I hate that I have to take 20 pairs of jeans back to the fitting room and usually never come out with any good ones. I've just settled with a few pairs of jeans and they sit on the bottom of my drawer. However, my two "like buttah" jeans never make it into the drawer because i wear them constantly. I dread a rip in the wrong spot or some kind of devastating spill on those precious butter jeans.

    So glad for your find! You have good jeans karma! Now pass some this'a way! ;)

    ReplyDelete