April 15, 2013

Meditation in Graphite

Some spontaneous Springtime weather snuck up on me this afternoon.  It inspired me to walk the mile to Freddy's and grab some salad makings.  I walked back home, threw together an AMAZING salad and then showed it who's boss.  (ME.  I am boss.)

A bit of inspiration started creeping in last night and today I was able to capitalize on it after dinner.  I got fantastically sucked into this drawing and had the wherewithal to photograph the process.  So, for funsies:





 


 
Portrait 4.15.13
Graphite on Paper
18" x 24"


I rather like this drawing.

Oh, and have I mentioned I love nostrils?  It's my new thing.

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read your blog in a long time.

    Your art just keeps getting better and better :)

    I miss you!

    -Glenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenn! I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner! Thank you for the nice comment -- and HAPPY (ALMOST) BIRTHDAY!!!! Have you disappeared from FB?

      xoxo

      P

      Delete
  2. Ahhh just saw this today. Thanks for the birthday cheer! My birthday was nice...ate too much heavy stuff though :P The bf made me slutty brownies and got me a Wig Barbie :)

    I think this drawing is amazing. I love the Jamie & Jack one too! You're so GOOD...it makes me jealous :..)

    I haven't been keeping up with my art making lately--I'm really focused on looking for a job right now. That's partly why my facebook has been deactivated since Decemberish...I just really want to focus on myself and my goals.

    By the way, your address is the same right? I think I would like to send you something soon :)

    ReplyDelete