August 22, 2012

The Holy Land

August 15th

My coworker called me this afternoon from Butte, Montana.  Apparently there is not much of anything in Butte, Montana.

"Dude, there is nothing in Butte."

"My brother wrecked his car in Butte."

"There is only one reason people go to Butte.  You'll never guess what it is."

"Marijuana?"

"What?  No."

"Okay I give up."

"A giant, festering cesspool."

"Come again?"

"It's called the Berkley Pit.  Google it."

I Googled it.

"It's a huge acidic lake that nothing can survive in.  Everything that falls in dies instantly."

"This is the coolest thing I've ever heard of!"

"Crazy huh!"

I then learned all about the Berkley Pit and started telling everyone about it.  (Apparently I'd made myself the new expert.)  Did you know 342 snow geese landed in it once and all 342 of them died immediately?  The lake custodian said it wasn't the lake that killed them, but I've seen these kinds of killer lakes before.

It's undis-BUTTE-able!

...

I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment