August 2, 2012

Boudoir Magic

To: Ma
From: Me

Okay, okay, you were right...

...the bed DID need to go on the other wall... It made all the difference!  Gahhh!!

And, I made the giant door a headboard again, for now, until I figure out something else I want to do.  I stuck some black & white photos on the glass and I rightly love it!  Just the right touch.

And, you can't see it in the photos, but above the blue dresser I hung a black-framed mirror that was originally in the bathroom, but wasn't the right height.  Now it's perfect in the bedroom!  It's weird how the things we think we hate we fall in love with all over again after we put them somewhere new...

XOXO
Pea



The bedroom is coming along.  I took my mom's advice and moved the bed from the left wall to the right wall opposite the door.  What I really mean to say is I took my mom's advice and shui-ed the SHIT out of this room.  

It needed it.  Bad.

I got this giant door for free a few summers ago.  It was propped up against a big old tree in someone's front yard, with "free door" scrawled in Sharpie on one side.  A guy living in the house said they're getting a new door installed.  I sweet talked him into helping me haul it up the fat hill to my house on one particularly scorching day.  Nevermind that the door is A THOUSAND POUNDS OF SOLID WOOD.  That was before we got rear-ended a year and a half ago, when I could still lift crazy things and do silly stuff like that.

Anyway, it's been totally worth it, because I effing love this door.  I stuck some photos on it to warm it up a bit, and the Boy has been encouraging me to paint it another color.  I'm taking submissions.  Blue?  Orange? Purple?  





No comments:

Post a Comment