April 14, 2012

Breath is Music Enough: Saturday Morning at Fat Straw

Breath is music enough 
One day my dear friend KT texted me a list of things "I believe" -- If you type your name and then the word "believes" into the Google Machine in quotes, you find snippets from the interwebs of things that you, or She With Same Name, "believe."  It is quite fun and I was delighted to get blasted with a bunch of messages that was a compiled list of these believes. They are rather surprising and, often, uncannily accurate.

Paige believes:
  • godless heathens should stop ripping Tim Tebow
  • in a higher standard of service
  • that being beautiful can turn a bad day into a good one 
  • we are all born with the ability to tell stories

All of these are ridiculously true.  Especially the 3rd and 4th ones.  
So, I couldn't NOT reciprocate.

KT believes:
  • in what the members call “karmic-synergy”
  • that packaging and presentation is everything
  • that movement is one of the great joys of life, however we choose to experience it
  • that breath is music enough 
  • prenatal yoga will encourage women to be more present with their pregnancy

And that one -- breath is music enough -- struck me so poignantly I haven't been able to shake it since.  And I don't think I should.  I don't know where it came from or who wrote it, and I am by no means saying it belongs to me, but simply a wonderful phrase I feel compelled to spread around.

The ambient grooves at Fat Straw have me lost in a buzzy trance.
The cup of Stumptown helps, too. 

Going through my sketchbook and finding fun tidbits I'd long forgotten.

...

     Does art happen spontaneously?
     Or is it calculated?
     Or both?


I miss Matthew.
As a friend, as an artist, as a bearer of ideas and brainstorming.
Something tells me he’d appreciate my left-handed adventures.

And then he called me a few days later, when we haven’t spoken in months.
I told him of my left-handed adventures and he liked them.
He also wants pictures.
Eek . . .



     Does your own reflection ever startle you?
     Even if you know it’s there?

 

The only thing that is reliably permanent is impermanency.

     You can’t help when you feel creative.  Just like you can’t help gravity.


No fat
No preservatives
No cholesterol
No fun


A:  You like Rob Thomas?
B:  So?
A:  Nothin’.  I just didn’t know anyone liked him anymore.
B:  I have a Rob Thomas shaped hole in my music heart.


The Ultimate Death Match:
     Sagittarius Male vs. Cancer Female GO.


Things to Attain Awesomeness:
leather handbag …..................... pending
skin tight jeans …......................... check 
brown boots ….......................... pending
leather bomber jacket …............ pending
rockin’ ass ….............................. check 

bespoke; verb
a simple past tense and past participle of bespeak  

bespeak; verb
1. to ask for in advance; to bespeak the reader’s patience
2. to reserve beforehand, engage in advance, make arrangement for; to bespeak a seat in a theatre
3. to show, indicate; this bespeaks a kindly heart

No comments:

Post a Comment