August 4, 2011

Time To Be Serious About Happy

My coworker asked me the other day if I'm a vegetarian.  I laughed.  I'm a true Omnivore at its finest (and I'm convinced a Meat-O-Saur in a past life).

"No.  Are you?"

"No.  Just wondering.  You always have lots of vegetables in the fridge."

I told him that I just really like vegetables, and my low blood sugar is more stable if I eat well.  In truth, I was tickled he asked such a question.  Not normally the type to ask people about life things.  He nodded and agreed and busied himself further on his computer.  And that was that.

Though I don't consider myself a health nut by any means.  But, sometimes all I want to do in the whole entire world (times ten) is be in my kitchen and chop a bunch of vegetables and drink a glass of wine and munch on crisp tasty roughage and mix up a yummy Dill Dip and nibble on a polska and some hummus and get happy from the wine and the involvement of it all.  That can be so deeply satisfying, there ends up being nothing else I really want out of my day.  It's accomplishment.



And maybe it's mostly the wine, but I am perfectly okay with that.  I tell you what, I can't think of a time when wine doesn't make me giddy and elated, and I am sure my friends who partake passionately in the vino feel the same way.  I've started to question why I don't incorporate this into my daily life.  Besides work, and, well, driving a car.  But other than that, I think I need to take getting buzzed on a regular basis much more seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment