August 6, 2011

July Wrap-Up

It is disappointing when I discover, over and over again, that coffee and peanut butter are not compatible.


Oh yeah, I had a birthday. 
Yay for being closer to 30!
(No, really.)

He bought me a piano for my birthday.
I couldn't believe what I was looking at.
I screamed.
Then cried.
Then went silent and quietly wept for many minutes.
He didn't know how to take such a reaction.
Neither did I.



Now that's all I want to do.  It's all I think about.  I curse this blessedly enchanting weather for the pressure it puts on me to be outside, and not inside playing the piano.  I get to feel moved every day, moved beyond the place I thought my moveability stopped.

He calls that flow.  I like that idea, flow.  It's hard to find it in painting.  It's there and always waiting, but hard to get to.  But piano -- with piano flow is instantaneous.


                >>>>More piano
                       Less everything else

Best lately things:
the appeal of the aged radish
bye-bye hair
discovery:  the Americano 
super invention you think would be more wide-spread: ceramic travel mug (with lid)
"some things needs to feel accidental"
the process of "brain dumping"

Not-so-good lately things
Road Rage (on my end, not theirs)
the causes of said Road Rage (on their end, not mine)
       <see previous entry Of "All the Time & Things & Places">
85 degrees and hotter (YUGH)
getting back into a regular workout routine after the injuries (past progress = gone)
feeling a tad embarrassed when my hair dresser laughed at my DIY bangs
missing the sass from the gals at my old job . . .


                     flow

              . to circulate around the body
              . to move or progress freely as if in a stream
              . to proceed or be produced continuously and effortlessly
              . to be present in abundance
              . a continuous stream
              . natural happiness


I daydream of more tattoos.

. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment