April 22, 2011

Moonstruck, Awestruck, Lovestruck

  
Yesterday I went to my usual appointment in the afternoon, only it felt like Friday because today I have the day off.  Upon leaving the building I discovered the sun was intermittent enough and the air warm enough to warrant parking myself at a metal table outside Moonstruck with, do I dare say it?, a cup of coffee so smooth and easy that cream would likely have ruined it.  I sipped from the cup that fit neatly in my hands, nibbled on the shortbread cookie with the zig-zagged edge, and admired the way the sun came in and out of the tree branches, laden with fresh April blooms. 

Sometimes it doesn't feel real.

Sometimes I don't feel real.

Then I discovered an entire world
living inside of my coffee cup.

And my new favorite butter jeans looked so compelling in the light; strangely complicated and pretty with pattern.


 Oh, and I almost forgot!  Look what Mom sent me!
The most perfect, timeless, fantastically elegant
Yellow Teapot in the world!  Yeesh, this photo does it
no justice.  In person, it just glows.



Thanks, Ma. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment