April 15, 2011

From: Ma
To: Daughter
Subject: No subject. WHAAAAAT????!!!

Even on a good day, my George Jetson (thank you, dear and well-meaning, husband for yet another bit of technology WAAAAYY too advanced for this pathetic pea-brain) Stove of the Future Model 4000 is one. Hot. Mo'. Fo'. And hard to handle (read: can't walk away for a second = yes, I've burned/burnt? a few things). Factor in a fever, dizziness, the aggravation of calling off work for the second day, a certain little dog (who shall remain anonymous) nipping at my heels, trying to get 100% of my attention 100% of the time and, AND the (very entertaining) In Style makeover link (sent to me by a certain Pea), and what we have is a bona fide recipe for disaster, causing whatever it was I WAS cooking to be completely forgotten. . . Well, suffice it to say, I'm lucky I only burned up one pan of ground meat and not the entire kitchen. . . scarier than the possibility of dying in the near-miss fireball is that I look really, REALLY good in Kate Hudson's hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment