March 21, 2011

Dear Old Laugh-o-dills

It is rather convenient that the first Weekend of Spring includes the official day the Daffodils decide to wake up from their naps.  They laugh in the face of rain, spit on cloudy weather and chilly nights, squash the wind storms and torrential downpours.  Winter -- PUH!  To my delight, I get to bask in their bright perky faces, admire the strong stems from which they stretch and yawn, smooth my fingertips over their sweet petals as I breathe the March air brisk with salty ocean smells.




 Hi. Thank you for making my weekend.

 Eerie, strange, a little unreal. 
Beginning of a science fiction story?


As the sun ducked in and out of passing clouds, the Boy and I parked ourselves on a curb to admire the weather, the folks passing by, the playing children. I got lost in the reflections on my shoes.

               Day One of iPhone:
               I don't like this thing. It can't do what I want it to do.
              
               Day Seven, eight, nine...
               I can check out audio books from the library on my phone!


                             PS - Love the red hoodie.  Some really
                                    awesome chick must have gotten that
                                      for you...




Good hair lately.  It makes me feel like me.

2 comments:

  1. great composition with the daffs. the one of the daff-o-dillio at an angle and the house in its back is by far the best photo ive seen in a while.

    hi

    i miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me happy. :) Also, I love your hair and the color is beautiful too. It's such an amazing feeling when you find hair that just fits. Woot!

    ReplyDelete