January 10, 2011

Mom = The Funniest Woman on the Planet

Ever.  Period.


From: Mom
Sent: 01/10/11 2:30 PM
Subject: So, Thai food grief therapy. . .
. . . THAT sounds really good. The closest I can get around here is Kung Pao Panda Chop-Chop Fast Food. Me no love that long time!

I agree. I HATE being a grown up. It blows. 

So, YOU started a blog, eh? Good call. Can't wait. . . you gonna belch and swear in it? You'd better. . . Laurie and I came up with a "scale" for cursing. The "Sailor Scale." She thinks she's a 7.5. . . gracious! What does that make ME? It could also be called the "George Carlin Scale."

Late Breaking News = Jim FINE-ally arrived in Grand Junction at exACTly the same moment I walked through the door with my VERY drugged out and miserable dog. I guess the planets have realigned themselves? To some degree, anyway. 

OK. Gonna go eat. I was too fraught today to be hungry but now I'm STARVING. 

Yo’ Ma



From: Mom
Sent: 01/10/11 3:14 PM
Subject: And because I have no Thai food available. . .
. . . and because my husband is across the country (sob) and because my dog doesn't feel good (boo hoo) and because the world doesn't (in fact) revolve around me (wah) and because I'm a grown up (sniffle) and because I have no beer <insert mournful Russian violin music> and because I went all day without eating (dumb) and am really, REALLY hungry (grumble! growl!), MY food therapy will consist of eating a pile of quesadillas and a pan of brownies. 

Yo' Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment